- Steel Mills
- Industrial & Agricultural
- Material Handling
- Power Generation
- Oil and Gas
- Additional Services
- Quality Assurance
- API Group
We understand our customers' need for great quality components and equipment and therefore have a team of skilled and experienced in-house inspectors permanently on site in China to inspect all orders before shipping. Our inspectors are capable of carrying out a range of destructive and non-destructive tests to ensure that all components meet relevant international, industry or customer specific quality standards.
Testing can be carried out by either API Engineering or a third-party as customer requirements dictate. Our testing capabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Microscope direct reading mass spectrograph;
- Image analyser;
- Microstructure inspection;
- Sulphur print test.
Chemical composition inspection
- Direct reading spectrometer;
- Oxygen-nitrogen analyser;
- Atomic absorption spectrometer;
- Infrared Carbon-Sulphur spectrometer.
- Universal and electronic tensile tester;
- Pendulum low/high temperature impact testing;
- Machine Brinnel, Rockwell and Shore hardness testing.
- Co-ordinate measuring machine (CMM);
- Length and bevel calibrator;
- Roughness tester.
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
The aim of Non-Destructive Testing is to detect material defects, without damaging the material or product. NDT methods used by API Engineering include; Die Penetrant and Magnetic Particle Testing, Ultrasonic Testing and X-Ray Flaw Detection.
In addition to inspecting components and equipment before shipping, all of our suppliers have been through our formal approval process before any orders are placed with them.